Who can participate? Local businesses, individuals, school groups, and non-profits. Pretty much anyone!
Cost? There is a $10 registration fee.
Location? Historic Rushville Square/ Central Park Area. Businesses: Please place your scarecrow in front of your business. Individuals: We will assign you a place in Central Park.
Display and Upkeep: Participants are responsible for the set-up, upkeep, and tear down of their scarecrow. Businesses: If you place your scarecrow on the square you may NOT use stakes or stick anything in the ground. There are multiple systems under the surface of the square and we don’t want to damage our beautiful square. Please make a sign or tag to display with your scarecrow, so we know whose is whose. Businesses this is a great, fun way to advertise! Please make sure your scarecrow is kept photograph ready!
Scarecrow Contest Rules
- Must be appropriate for all ages.
- Must be free standing. If located on the square at the edge of Central Park, no stakes or other devices that stick in the ground may be used. (small rectangle hay bales may be used).
- Must be located where it can easily be viewed by the public.
- Must be able to withstand the elements.
- Must be displayed no sooner than October 13th and no later than October 18th and must be taken down November 1, 2016. Please make sure scarecrow is taken down no later than 24 hours after the final day.
Registration ends October 11th.
Prizes will be announced October 20th on our website and Facebook page. Participants must adhere to all rules to qualify for prizes.